Your doctor has recommended you for our telehealth program! This is a convenient and easy way for you to receive medical care without a visit to the office for a modest cost of $79 per visit. Your FSA/HSA card can be used as a payment method. To get started, follow the directions below. Also see the FAQ section with
answers to common questions.
Planning on having a telehealth visit with your doctor? Pursuant to state laws and compliance regulations, you need to be physically located in the same state as the provider delivering your care through the telehealth portal. Please fill out the self-disclosure form below stating that you are physically located in the same state as the provider who will be delivering your care through the telehealth portal.
• Download the free app “ModMed Telehealth” from Google Play or App Store
– available on tablets and smart phones
• After downloading the app, make sure to enable “push notifications” so you can
get notified when your doctor has made any updates/comments on your Telehealth visit
• Click “New e-Visit”
• Answer the “Pre-screening” questions.
• Choose your doctor from the list of participating Telehealth providers
• After signing consent and waiver, choose your complaint– then using a “photo wizard” take 2 photos of your complaint (close up/far away)
• Describe the condition and provide as much detail as possible within each question
• The doctor will review your information and can send a message if they have questions or if additional information is needed
• You should expect a response from a provider within 72 business hours.
• Your doctor may chat with you. For example: “I sent your Rx to
CVS.” Your doctor may request an additional photo, let you know that you need to be seen in the office, provide a treatment plan, etc.
What is telehealth?
It’s the use of electronic communications to provide or receive medical advice and treatment remotely. Consider it a virtual visit to your doctor’s office.
Why should I use it?
Convenience. It’s great for people on the go and those
who are either housebound or live in a remote area.
When should I use it?
Telehealth is intended to be supplemental and a convenient way to get a diagnosis or medical advice for common issues. However, it is not appropriate for all problems.
Your doctor will recommend you use our telehealth program for specific conditions. Ask if it’s right for you.
It is most commonly used for the following complaints:
If it has been more than one year since your last dermatology office appointment, then an office visit is required before submitting a Telehealth visit.
What information do I need to send?
In the app, you’ll first answer a series of questions about your condition and then take a few photos to send with
What if I have a condition that requires immediate
Then this app is not an appropriate course of action. Please contact your doctor immediately.
For Technical Support, please call 561-235-7604.